Whether you’re celebrating a special event, or fulfilling the bucket-list dream of doing a whitewater rafting trip, we have the perfect adventure for you and your group. Below are some considerations to help you make an easier choice. And, as always, if you have questions or need help selecting a trip, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Where are you staying?
Depending on where you’re staying while visiting Central Oregon, some of our trips may be more convenient for you than others. However, all of our trips depart from our Bend Headquarters, and many from Sunriver, and depending on what trip you have your heart set on, convenience of departure may not be the most important factor when choosing your trip.
- Sunriver Resort. We offer pickups from our shop in the Village at Sunriver Mall for the Big Eddy Thriller and North Umpqua Premier trips.
- Black Butte Ranch. We offer convenient pickups at Black Butte Ranch in Sisters, Oregon, for both our Big Eddy Thriller and McKenzie Magic Half Day trips. The most convenient pickup for a full-day adventure is at the Redmond Safeway for our Lower Deschutes All Day Adventure.
- Sisters. Our McKenzie Magic Half Day departs from the Five Pine Lodge in Sisters. See Black Butte Ranch for other trips departing from Sisters.
- Bend. All of our adventures depart from our Bend Headquarters. Our Big Eddy Thriller is the most convenient, as it’s only minutes from our headquarters to the put-in. The McKenzie Magic Half Day is also convenient from Bend. Our Lower Deschutes All Day Adventure is a little closer to our Bend Headquarters than our North Umpqua Premier.
Are you looking for a part-day or full-day trip?
- Our most popular, and convenient, trip is the Big Eddy Thriller, which is two hours door-to-door from Bend, and three from Sunriver.
- The McKenzie Magic trip is longer, but doesn’t take an entire day. The McKenzie Magic includes a deli-style lunch.
- Our all-day whitewater trips will be the highlight of your vacation. Both the All Day Adventure and the North Umpqua Premier are full-day trips that include swimming and lunch.
What day of the week do you want to raft?
We offer three of our trips, the Big Eddy Thriller, McKenzie Magic and All Day Adventure seven days a week. If you want a longer rafting trip on Wednesday or Friday, our North Umpqua Premier is a special adventure that rafting aficionados love.
What kind of scenery are you looking for?
- High Desert. Our most popular trip, the Big Eddy Thriller, features islands made from ancient lava flows, ponderosa, pine and aspen trees, as well as wildlife including osprey, bald eagles, otters and deer.
- Western Canyon. Our All Day Adventure will make you feel like you’re on the set of an old Western, with a trip down the Lower Deschutes River through a rugged, rocky canyon. This big sky adventure may include sightings of raptors and big horn sheep.
- Mossy Forest. As you travel down the sparkling waters of the McKenzie River on our McKenzie Magic trip, you’ll be torn between admiring the crystalline waters of the river and the verdant, old growth forest lining the river banks.
- Remote Wilderness. Well worth its trip off the well-traveled path, our North Umpqua Premier trip gives you a glimpse of pristine wilderness untouched by man. This adventure, which is a guide favorite, travels through a primeval forest punctuated with dramatic rock spires.
Since 1978, Sun Country Tours has been creating unforgettable experiences for thousands of guests on the beautiful rivers of Oregon. We are a Hall of Fame Award Winner on TripAdvisor, where you’ll find lots of reviews for our adventures!